Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Amazon vs Newegg

Both are good online merchants.  What I like about Newegg over Amazon is when the former offers free shipping, the only thing different from normal shipping is it's free and I got the merchandise just as quick or slow as regular shipping.  In most cases, it's within three days that I would actually receive the goods I ordered.  Whereas when Amazon offers free shipping, the order just sits there in the warehouse somewhere and wait another week before it actually got shipped.  What's the deal?  Case in point, I ordered something on Tuesday, that is June 15 and the expected shipping date is June 21.  If the price differential is not significant I will definitely order from Newegg and I do usually.  Now looking back I probably should have ordered from Newegg even I would end up paying close to ten dollars more.  I simply don't like to wait --I thought I can live with waiting for a week and save ten bucks.  I just hate waiting, with a passion.

UPDATE:
6/17/10
As if Amazon read this post, the order actually got shipped via FedEx today.  What a pleasant surprise.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:06 AM

    Newegg has facilities nearby, so even ground shipping is just about as good as overnight air. I always go Newegg if possible.

    -eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly my experience too.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....