Monday, June 21, 2010

Nikon 80-200 Observation

This is the one and only zoom telephoto I own.  I have a Tiffen UV filter screwed in the front permanently so as to keep its huge front element pristine like the first day I bought it. The filter adds a bit of height or length to the lens. Normally it's not a problem except it becomes a bit tight when I put in into its carrying case that comes with the lens.

I just notice the other day, the lens flare pretty "badly." It had its lens hood on already--I am a big fan of lens hood, and I was shooting into the sun not really on purpose but just so happened. The contrast was gone and the overall scene became pretty hazy. Diglloyd has a page on this.  I think I will "test" it again without the filter though I do not believe the filter causes the hazy picture.

Overall I still like the lens very much.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:53 PM

    i am literally lusting after a D90. am i wrong for doing so?

    -eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's D90, D300s, D700 then the ridiculously expensive D3, D3s and D3x.

    D90 is at a very attractive price point now.

    Read up on dpreview.com People are expecting some imminent upgrade of the D90 but who knows? It's a nice camera I am sure plus it got the video feature too.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....