Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Hit-Girl Kicks Ass

If you think Natalie Portman in Leon is bad, Chiaki Kuriyama in Kill Bill is badass, wait till you see Hit-Girl in Kick-Ass.  Chloe Mortez is so bad she is actually good.  Her performance is going to cross all the lines set by her forebears.  She slices and dices like Uma Thurman in Kill Bill and shoots two guns like Chow Yun Fat in A Better Tomorrow.  And the most disturbing thing?  She is so pottymouthed  she actually resembles real grade/middle school girls you see on the NYC subway.

2 comments:

  1. Read that NYT article you linked to. I remember her from 500 Days of Summer, thought she was likeable but only okay as far as acting goes. Reading your post I was really expecting her to look the business but I laughed when I saw the picture of her in NYT in her purple wig and ill-fitting Batman-like costume. Poor girl. She has the attitude but she still has a lot of growing up to do.

    The best child star EVER is Jodie Foster IMO. I absolutely love her in Bugsy Malone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a comedy so her costume is not meant to induce fear but rather invite ridicule. So your response is right on. I never saw her in any movies. I did NOT know about Bugsy Malone ... now I have to go hide.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....