Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Nikon FE

I finally bought a couple of SR44 batteries for my FE.  What can I say, the more I use the other camera, the more I like my FE.  This couple of batteries probably would last another decade if not longer.  I really don't remember any problem with my FE other than the time I got it wrecked in a car accident with my Nikkor 50mm f/1.4.  I was playing with my FE and MD-12 last night.  And again, something I should have been pretty sure but I just don't.  The camera battery is still needed for the meter and shutter (except for B and M90) even you have a fully powered motor drive MD-12 attached.  The FE is just an unbelievably reliable fine piece of engineering triumph.  The meter display makes sense, the shutter makes sense, the double exposure makes sense, the self-timer makes sense, the MD-12 motor drive makes sense.  It just kicks ass now, then and probably forever.

2 Duracell D357H MS76, it's rated 1.5 (or 1.55V according to their technical publication).  I paid $5.99 for each.  I like products or brands that are anal retentive about their technical data and give full support and publication of such data on the Web.  They are installed on 4/28/2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....