Sunday, March 28, 2010

We Went Shopping For Yu-Gi-Oh Cards And Saw The Future

I am a man with no principles and a father of no rules.  As an irrational human being, I always think one should never have enough cameras no matter how many you have already because they are all different even they serve the same purpose--taking pictures.  By picking up a different camera you invoke a different photographer inside.  And being a different photographer can be liberating ....  Okay, enough photography nonsense from me.  So when my kids need to have yet a another set of Yu-Gi-Oh cards, I, despite good common senses object the idea, grudgingly complied, because I just understand, boys could never have enough Yu-Gi-Oh cards.  So while the lady of the household was busying herself loading up weekly essential supplies in BJ (now what kind of name is that?) we boys went to Target to buy our non essential but equally important stuff--Yu-Gi-Oh CARDS.  The boys knew their way and went to their section right away while their old man meandered around the store checking out TVs, DVDs and stuff.

The kids paid for their cards and we left the store.  On our way back to find our car--yes, we are always lost in the parking lot whenever we got the chance, I decided to check out P.C. Richards instead of lost in the parking lot.  It used to be Circuit City but no more.  And there I saw the future:  a 60" 3DHD TV playing Monsters vs Aliens in 3D Blu-ray.  HOLY COW.  I interrupted the floor associate from talking to a pair of clueless middle aged consumers and demanded him to hand me the 3D glasses  instead.  I immediately put on the 3D spectacles over my much imitated Shuron Sidewinder and there everything in front of the TV came into life.  I saw the future.  I felt like I was in the middle of the aliens and monsters and could almost touch the action.  Right when I was having this total out of body immersive experience, my Blackberry rang.  Oops.  Me and the kids quickly abandoned the store and headed to the parking lot.  There our ride was waiting.  Without 3DHD, everything was just ordinary and boring like real life.  On my ride home, I couldn't stop thinking how great the monsters and aliens looked in 3DHD and how I wish I had one (or two) at home some day soon ....

2 comments:

  1. It take virtual reality one step closer. Soon, they could conjure up anything in you fantasy in 3D. Monsters and Aliens sure is not on the top of my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I read about 3D TV I thought it's some experimental stuff like concept cars which would never got to be mass produced. I was so wrong.

    Nikon/Canon has no news, nothing really exciting is happening.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....