Saturday, March 20, 2010

Nikon D70

I am just checking my Nikon D70, see if it's still working.  Oh No, it's still working, rather fabulously.  I mounted my good old trusty Nikkor 24mm f2 manual focusing on it and shot a few.  And here are two of them.  The first one was at f2, wide open and at 1/100sec.  The second one was at f2.8 1/100sec.  All at ASA400 hand held.  The 24mm lens work out to be a 35mm in a 35mm film camera.  I kind of like the perspective, it's wider than the 50mm and yet not so wide that you either find it hard to fill up the frame or you find it just gimmicky to exaggerate.

For the kind of pictures I take, I find it hard to persuade myself to update my DSLR ... even I am such an irrational person when it comes to photo gears.

I am still rocking my Nikon D70 in 2010, I can't believe it.  My Nikon experience is positive.  Their gear never breaks on its own.  OKAY, of all the years I own my Nikon FE, there was this one time the shutter wouldn't close, and I have to set it to M90 to close the shutter.  Only once.  And I changed the tiny little battery once on my FE, I believe that was a mistake, I didn't really need to change it.  Then it was a few weeks ago, I think I forgot to put back the film advance lever that also acts as an on/off switch (isn't it auto power off?) so the tiny battery is drained.  Now my FE is powerless but it will open its shutter at M90 (and Bulb?).  Nikon rocks.

4 comments:

  1. ooh~ i like the pencil sharpener in picture number 2. this is the super kind that i love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like a good pencil sharpener myself. When I was a kid I was always frustrated and on the look out for a good sharpener. I used one of those little pocket sized ones and it's hit or miss. This bigger ones are usually better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, when had your blog been changed to black? I hadn't visit for a little while and the whole place's gone 180 degrees. But I like the background, makes your photos really stand out :)

    Anyways, great candids of your kids! Must say I also like the pencil sharpener as well, it reminds me of my kindegarden days :) But what I really like though is the dining set, such beautiful, honest wood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for coming by. I think the black will be easier for my eyes. I had it on green on St. Patrick's Day. The table just looks a bit better in picture but I assure you there is really nothing great about it at all. Not that I am not grateful or anything to have it.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....