Friday, March 19, 2010

Canon New F-1 Film Loading

If you come from the Nikon world of film loading, Canon New F-1 would come as a surprise.  The take up spool actually turns to the right, the way the film advance lever goes instead of the opposite direction.  I think I read about it before but still when I first loaded the F-1, I still tried to load it the way I have always loaded film which wouldn't work for the F-1.  Actually I think the Canon P loads the "Nikon way" too.  I am not sure if it's uniquely F-1 or not.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, any plan of shooting your roll of film in HK after loading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha? I would love to. But you know my situation now, I can hardly raise my arm to eye level ... and the rig weighs a ton. So it's going to be a painfully slow process. Well I have a roll of Portra VC160 loaded. I don't know how dated it is hopefully something will come out.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....