Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Canon New F-1

Canon can be confusing.  The F-1 went through at least three iterations, the original F-1, then F-1N and the New F-1.  But just for kicks, Canon decided to just put F-1 on the body of these three models, unless you have done some homework, you wouldn't know which is which just looking at the bodies.  And oh yeah, when you start asking people Is that a New F-1, people thought you were crazy, they would tell you once again, it's an old used camera, then you have to say OKAY I understand...

All I know is the New F-1 allows ASA 6 to 6400 and there is no big self timer lever on the body.  That's how I tell if the F-1 is New or old, sure there are other differences but I just don't bother.

It's my experience that very often some Canon gears for sale inevitably got listed as Cannon and they can't be found if you just search using the Canon keyword.  Well, see the importance of spelling?  Chances are you may be able to steal a bargain from this misspelled Canon.  If I am looking for a Canon deal I would search for Cannon as well just to make sure I don't miss anything.

I was able to spot a Canon New F-1, 50mm F1.8 with AE Finder, AE motor drive and power pack, a bunch of films and a bag to carry them all, all for a very decent price.  And yes, it's listed as Cannon.

2 comments:

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....