Thursday, March 18, 2010

St. Patrick's Day Is News Worthy in NYT's Book

The New York Times mentions the annual St. Patrick's Day on today's paper.  So apparently it's news worthy.  Whereas the Chinese New Year is not and has not been so.  Being a Chinese American I am frankly disappointed at the Chinese New Year coverage or actually the total lack thereof from a major New York newspaper (A22 on print).

On the web:  A Shorter Parade Means Less Green for Some on St. Patrick's Day.

For Chinese New Year coverage, you have to see it on my blog.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:29 PM

    Chinese New Year is not even a public holiday, while the St. Patrick's Day parade in NYC is the biggest parade in the world.

    Sid

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you are going to say St. Patrick's Day is a holiday ... It almost is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still remember my Paddy's Day Parade in NYC vividly - one of my best friends visited me from Dublin and us and a girl from HK went to the parade route, but it got so freezing that we had to retreat to the second-floor Starbucks of a toy store to get warm...

    In Ireland Paddy's Day is for families mainly. They tried to make it a bigger event year after year but it's actually getting a tad too carnival-ish and too Americanised I think... Just hope we won't be forced one day to have "corned beef" as well, a TOTAL Irish-American invention.

    Keep up blogging CNY in future even if it doesn't make NYT, that's what citizen journalists are for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This year, the weather was nice and warm. There were big crowds everywhere.

    CNY gives me an excuse to take pictures. The kids are young so I can still boss them around.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....