Saturday, March 06, 2010

Oscar 2010

A lot of people want to know what my picks are for this year's Academy Awards.  Not to disappoint my readers, here they are.

Best Motion Picture Of The Year
The Hurt Locker.  Simply because this is the only nominated movie I saw.

Best Actor
Colin Firth.  He does a pretty good job wearing a pair of black framed glasses without looking too ridiculous.  I give that to him.  Jeremy Renner looks like an asshole.  So no best actor for him.[JEFF BRIDGES]

Best Actress
Carey Mulligan [SANDRA BULLOCK, should have known better, Bullock is just shrewd]
I saw her on David Letterman, I think she is nice and probably a good actress.

Best Supporting Actor
Christoph Walz
I think I will like the movie.

Best Supporting Actress
Mo'Nique.

Best Director
Kathryn Bigelow, I like her movies:  Blue Steel, Strange Days, Point Break

Best Original Screenplay
Inglourious Basterds.  QT can be good.[HURT LOCKER]

Best Adapted Screenplay
An Education.  The title of the movie has a nice ring to it. \ən e-jə-ˈkā-shən\. [PRECIOUS]

Best Cinematography
Das wisse Band - Eine deutsche Kindergeschichte [AVATAR]
Holy cow, it's in black and white and in German.  Anything in black and white adds instant class to it.  And in German.  What more can you ask?

Okay, that's all folks.

UPDATE:
4/9 CORRECT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....