Monday, November 23, 2009

Regression

My regression is progressing slowly and nicely and has achieved yet another milestone.  Can regression be any progress at all?  I have successfully loaded a 120 roll film onto a stainless steel reel.  Now it's sitting quietly inside a stainless steel tank waiting to take a bath.  This is my first time loading up a 120 roll film in a develop tank.  With several attempts inside my make-shift darkroom, I was able to wrestle the curly unruly film onto the reel.  I used to do 135 black and white many years ago when I was in college (surprise, I actually went to college) so the experience wasn't exactly foreign to me (I remember we took off more than the film cassette top in the darkroom ... but that's another story for another time.  Or never.)  I have yet to mix my chemicals.  I don't know about you, but the suspense, the anticipation, to take a bath for the film and seeing the image emerge is just killing me.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....