Sunday, November 08, 2009

Camera Bag

My camera bag is an ancient Tenba.  I think I bought it from B&H.  One thing I don't like about my bag other than it can't carry all of my photographic junk is it can't carry a newspaper.  The bag itself just isn't wide or long enough to accommodate a copy of the New York Times (note, at least that was before the Times got slimmed down a bit, well just checked, no good).  So it can't be used for my daily commute to work.  At the same time, my daily messenger bag is only barely big enough to carry my F5 with either a 24mm or a 50mm, san lens hood for the 50mm but can fit any newspaper comfortably.  The messenger bag just isn't thick or roomy enough for even a respectable (I mean big ass) camera body.  I know why my pictures suck because my camera bag isn't helping.  I don't like fanny pack or back pack style kind of camera bag.  The fanny pack makes me look like a senior citizen or a pre schooler and the back pack kind of makes me look like a high schooler, neither image is desirable.  I got to look good even or especially when my pictures suck.  I heard good things about Crumpler but the logo irks me and seems like every hipster Canon shooting guy has one.  I thought about a case, but a case is really for transportation from point A to point B inside a car or for storage under the bed not really for carrying around.  So my final analysis is I don't think I am in the market for a camera bag.

I am carrying my Tenba with my D70 80~200 and my F5 24mm.  And it's overcrowded already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....