Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Feud

There is nothing better than a feud except when it's a feud between camera nerds.

The sometimes controversial but always entertaining Mr. Ken Rockwell is slamming some workshop and its works.  He calls it "It's Not the Camera: Death Valley Fiasco."  It's under his new section in November but since the guy is still writing his html like it's 1988 with no perma link you just have to look around if you don't see it.  One of the workshop instructors was Mr. Michael Reichmann who not too long ago wrote up a passage entitled Your Camera Does Matter a rebuttal to Rockwell's tongue-in-cheek Your Camera Doesn't Matter.

Do the pictures suck as muh as Rockwell thinks they are?  See them yourself and you be the judge.

UPDATE:
Mr. Rockwell has polished off his Death Valley Fiasco passage.  To my disappointment, the juvenile infantile pee in his pants remark was taken out, instead he added the somewhat conciliatory and somewhat respectful remark that the workshop instructors, Reichmann included, are "great guys" though "this wasn't their greatest moment."

UPDATE
Perhaps I was still sleeping.  The "peeing in my pants" remark is there.  I don't know I could be asleep writing the above first update.
I'm peeing in my pants, because I was tipped off about this fiasco while I was out in Indian Country on a much less expensive workshop, and I got better shots with my $430 Canon S90 at exactly the same time. I'll show you mine when I finally dig back out.
 I know Reichmann, Atkinson and Schewe are great guys; but this wasn't their greatest moment.

UPDATE
The "post" title is now changed to "Worry About the Picture, Not the Camera."  Perhaps "fiasco" is too incendiary to be used and he feels like to clarify that the sponsor Phase One makes great stuff.  He goes on to include a link of a professional's works shot using a Canon G11 to prove his point.  And more importantly, added more links to his advertisers and his own reviews.

UPDATE
PODAS apparently thinks the shitstorm created by Rockwell merits a blog post response which inevitably invites more beatings from Rockwell who is having all the fun, ending two of his updates "Fun" and "Go Shoot" with exclamation marks to punctuate how much fun and excitement he is having.

UPDATE
In less than 24 hours, Rockwell did a 180.  From the earliest Death Valley Fiasco to Worry About the Picture to Good news which I say is really borderline fawning on Phase One.  The juvenile candid stuff is now all gone.  Yes, the peeing in my pants is castrated and no unflattering mentions of poor sucky pictures nor vendor sponsored workshops.  I wonder what had happened.

2 comments:

  1. boring, can you write something more interesting, man ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My posts answer your question. If I can I would. Sorry man.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....