Sunday, November 08, 2009

My Morning Shooting Experience Of The Day

After some fifty shutter releases, my D70 went out of battery.  It was like I didn't care.  I knew the battery was charged and used from a couple of months ago.  So after a few shutter releases the battery bar went low already and I kept shooting until the shutter wouldn't go.  Good thing I brought my F5 with me and the thing can focus, can't it?  And I never need to learn any technique to make it focus right.  If I read the Canon forum without any Nikon experience then I would have thought one needs some killer proper technique to get the camera to autofocus, I think that's just baloney.  It was loaded with a roll E100G 36 slides.  I brought the Nikkor 80~200 (together with the 50 and 24 manual focus lenses) with me.  This zoom lens is considered to be of professional grade I guess for its optics and constant aperture f2.8 across the 80 to 200 focal length.  But there are three things I don't like about the lens.  The A/M ring broke by itself.  I got it fixed free of charge from Nikon.  The filter thread is plastic and doesn't impart the usual confidence from Nikon.  The lens doesn't come with a lens hood.  I am a fan of lens hood but I don't shoot a lot with this lens so I haven't got around to get one for it and judging from the pictures I think it does need one.  I think a good lens hood cuts down flare and increases contrast and makes the lens just look better.

Okay, I think I am going to get the HB-7 for real.  I sure feel like I need one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....