Thursday, November 12, 2009

Miscellaneous

The Mamiya Press SUPER 23 is a big camera to be handheld.  The thing is mounted with a 100mm lens.  The viewfinder and rangefinder is a bit foggy and not so easy to focus.  The 6x9 film back isn't small either.  The lens and camera seem to be in good condition.  The shutter and aperture move freely without hesitation.  The price is $349.  At one point I was pretty infatuated with the whole Press camera line probably starting with the Polaroid 600 SE.  Now not so much.

The other day I was in Chinatown I saw a young guy watching a tank of lobsters and holding in his hand was a Toyo 4x5 mounted on a tripod.  I couldn't help but asked him a few questions.  Young guy doing some courses in mid town.  I asked him what lab he uses.

Last night I bumped into a man or rather a character shooting a Hasselblad with a flash and a flash bracket.  I also asked him what labs he uses.  We headed to the same camera store and he ended up buying a whole bunch of NC 400.  I don't even know how many and how much he bought.

I think I am getting closer to develop my b/w ....  But just don't hold your breath.  It can take me another year just to open the box or something.  I am just slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....