Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Apple iPod Shuffle

I was just going to check out for a potential iPod purchase then I was greeted with the new iPod Shuffle. It's so small that is big. It's so small that is beautiful, it's so small that you are going to lose it, it's so small that they can't put control on the thingy itself. Anyway, the control is on the cord, so that means you can't use any other earphones? That could be possible. And it has this technology called VoiceOver that guarantees to leave you speechless, it is multilingual (Mandarin, no Cantonese support), and can speak playlists and whatnot. I suspect the technology is probably originated and derived from the visually impaired. This little 4GB contraption is selling for $79.

5 comments:

  1. Have you also check out the Macbook white? The price is also attractive. I just got my hand on a OSX86 computer. With vm fusion installed, I have windows xp running on top of leopard and damn it is stable as rock. I am really impressed by that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean you have a hackintosh? I need the specs my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, yes. I got the kalway 10.5.2 dvd image from BT and have it installed on a Fujitsu Lifebook (core duo cpu and gma945 display). The display and sound work right away, network card needs some edit of files. I have not yet figure out how to make the wireless interface works.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why do you always get ahead of me? Ha ha?

    Because I have HDV editing in mind so I am leaning toward a desktop. But I do think of a notebook especially a few weeks ago. I like Apple's app, like iMovie and shit like that. But for the OS, I don't care that much, I like Ubuntu just fine, my concern is should I go 64 bit, I am not as hardcore as you when troubleshooting calls. So I am a bit torn, If I hackintosh I think I need to BT iMovie too??? Otherwise I don't see the merits. Oh well, I want to stay legit as much as possible but what's the fun if I just buy a MacBook or iMac and run them like my previous post says....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the process of getting the hack thing working a fun and you could learn lot more compare with just buying the legit thing. I have not look in to iMovie and i am not going to try out those i apps. They seems leaning towards apple commercial side too much. I have laid my hands on the OSX cause the windows vista is too sh*t. I choke on my 4G ram notebook and I am really speachless on Microsh*t. XP is much better option and I really understand why people prefer/request a deal of downgrading their OS when they buy their new computer. Actually, I am play with the PS CS4 bridge lately and is really happy about that too.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....