Saturday, March 14, 2009

16 Things About My Blog

  1. Before there was blog, there was personal homepage. I thought I was going to rule the world with my personal homepage. It didn't happen.
  2. Then came blog. I set up mine in 2004. I thought I was going to rule the world with my blog. It didn't happen.
  3. Two is not a trend yet. So there is still a chance I will rule the world.
  4. My posts speak for themselves. They are just the greatest.
  5. There are certain posts I like better than others.
  6. Some of the posts even the recent ones, now looking back, I wonder where I got the energy to write them as much a genius as I am, they don't come easy at all.
  7. I not only post pictures of my kids but myself, just so I am at least fair even I totally deprive my readers' imagination.
  8. My blog has a very small but devoted group of readers. They all have one thing in common, very interested in PacAir Range hood.
  9. I don't have a lot of comments so I tend to reply them pretty timely, actually compulsively.
  10. I deleted comments before. I didn't particularly enjoy doing it but I did it anyway. I blame the commenter. If I did the deletion then it's totally cool because it's inevitable if others do that to me then it totally sucks.
  11. I think people who disable comments are cool. And people who enable comments but never reply them are even cooler. I am neither because I am not cool.
  12. The thought of learning to compose and post in Chinese did come across my mind. But I don't think it's going to happen.
  13. I feel mildly inadequate as nobody has stolen any of my posts or pictures before. Sometimes I read some bloggers complain their posts got stolen or got totally ripped off by newspapers without attribution. <Sour Grapes>I feel bad for those bloggers but at the same time I was like man those people or newspapers who allegedly steal really have very questionable literary taste; of all the articles out there why from this XYZ, or ABC? Plagiarism is bad but poor incompetent plagiarism is just pathetic.</Sour Grapes> If my posts ever got stolen, I think that would be the end of civilization as we know it.
  14. I wish I can write better.
  15. Wishful thinking never helps.
  16. I've got to read more.
  17. Like real books.
  18. Not just any blogs.
  19. Less is more is a lie.
  20. More is more.
  21. OKAY, Good night.
  22. And one more thing, thank you for all the bloggers who have been an inpiration to me.
Topic from wordx3

11 comments:

  1. then I feel surprise, my shooting skill is not better than you, but it have some commercial value, I guess. I found that some guys stole my pics in the Yahoo Auction and used as their own, some are HK and Taiwan seller, I didn't angry at all, and not make any complain also

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really enjoy reading your blog though i have no idea what pacAir range hood (?) is...

    and your kids are really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. me too, i guess i should read more book, real book, instead of spending my time hanging around here :P
    thanks lcl.

    wp2007: 'steal' your photo?! i do feel angry that people steal others pics specially for commercial use !! heard too much these kinds of stories :(

    i don't know what is pcAir range hood neither :S

    ReplyDelete
  4. lcl & michelle : this is the first time I got some comments from lcl's readers, I felt excited.

    To add some some supplements, a Singapore seller also steal my pics to use in their Yahoo Auction website.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:54 PM

    The first three points are funny.

    I only realized I should "reply" comments on my blog after couple months i started writing my blog. I wonder if i did tick off any readers.

    PacAir range?

    ReplyDelete
  6. PacAir is a kitchen range hood brand. I have one at home. I like it all right.

    wp2007
    it happens all the time on ebay.

    CR
    I really like you really enjoy reading my blog. It gives me some purpose in life.
    Quality production from me. I can't tell them they are cute, they will be too full of themselves.

    michelle:
    I guess everybody can benefit reading more books.

    wp2007: you are acting like a 16 year old girl now.

    gwenzilla:
    The first 3 points only? But seriously "should" is a big word. I really think the blogger can do or not do anything with comments in general. I won't feel particularly "ticked off" if people don't reply me as people really don't owe me anything and they don't ask me personally leave comments in the first place. Plus sometimes the comments can become offensive to the blogger inadvertently. It can get a bit tricky ....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:59 PM

    1. 2. 3. Funny, you think about "rule the world"! I think about "change the world". That has happened. Yes, I changed the world! The key is to define change as small as small as small as possible. About as big as epsilon (and may be delta). :)

    16. 17. I used to buy many books. But NOT read many of them. So I stop buying too many books. But the last one I bought, read, and finished, clocks at 960 pages!!!

    P.S. Yes, I counted the index pages too to make the number bigger. ha ha. Excluding index, the book is just 935 pages. 哈哈哈。

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:41 PM

    What PacAir Hood? I didn't come for this.

    We installed a hood physically 3 years ago but we never used it because technically it's not finished yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ca8hk: I'm glad you have changed the world. I am not that ambitious. Ha ha.

    r&e:
    Yours must be one heck of a range hood. It's taken three years and still not done. That sounds like it's not going to finish anyway. I am surprised you let it happen to you. I thought nobody can mess with you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i actually did google PacAir... :) haha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. MD:
    Ha ha. Good girl. I think they have it in Hongkong? Called Pacific Range Hood? Anyway.

    Wow, your new avatar is just, wow. I can't say it.

    ReplyDelete

ImageMagick

 I don't remember if I installed that via Homebrew or MacPort. I might have installed using MacPort.  But it's kind of messed up as ...