Thursday, December 23, 2010

Let the Right One In

I saw Let me In before I saw this original, because you know I am just a typical American movie goer. I don't think the Swedish original is any better or worse than the American remake for the simple fact that the remake is an exact carbon copy of the original except it's in English saving the average American from the chore of reading English subtitle. Granted it's the original so kudos to its originality. This movie belongs to one of those peculiar categories, a fantastic fantasy movie about childhood alienation with fair amount of horror, violence, love, friendship and blood sucking vampire thrown in just to kick things up a few notches. A very well made movie that goes above and beyond the pure gore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....