Wednesday, December 01, 2010

D7000 Review From Dpreview.com is Up

The eagerly awaited and much anticipated D7000 review from Dpreview is up now.  I read it somewhat.  It seems like the only gripe dpreview has is the D7000 tends to over expose in high contrast scenes.  It doesn't bother me, not that much.  So I guess all is good.

The link to Amazon, the parent of dpreview, points to a vendor selling a D7000 body $300 above MSRP.  I mean sure it's one of the very few vendors if not the only one that actually (or allegedly) has this much coveted camera in stock.  Yes, it's a free market the demand drives the price and some people are willing to pay a premium for that.  But in the long run, does it hurt the vendor's reputation?  Do they care?  I sure will remember vendors who price gouge and won't bother to shop at them ever.  If some random guy waited for hours and hours to get a Wii and paid retail and put it on eBay, I feel like he sure can let the market decide.  But what the heck did an authorized Nikon reseller do?  Nothing.  I guess that makes the price gouging from an authorized Nikon reseller even more cringe inducing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....