Friday, December 19, 2008

What I Did During Lunch Break

I returned my book and picked up another one from the midtown library.

Then I headed to Bryant Park in the mid of a minor snowstorm trying to have my winter routine, that is, ice skating in midtown. Alas, because of the winter snow, the rink was carpeted with an inch of snow and they weren't even trying to clean up the place yet, I saw just one man with a shuffle kind of doing some clean up but with the snow keeps falling relentlessly, I don't think they are going to re-open any time soon. The weather report says very likely we are going going to get about six inches for the day.

On my way back, I stopped by a Japanese take out place and ordered a Chicken Katsu Don, $5.96 tax included, that was a pretty good price.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:45 PM

    Do they still have a carousel? Last winter we stopped there to play a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do indeed. But I don't think they are running it during lunch hour, not sure.
    You know the Public Library adjacent to Bryant Park now has a children library in the basement. We went there when it first opened. Not too big kind of cozy. If in the neighborhood, can check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....