Monday, December 01, 2008

Nikon Did The Inevitable

Nikon introduces its D3x, a 24MP monster of a camera that has a price tag of $8,000 minus 5 cents. With D3, D700 and now a D3x, Nikon finally completes its full frame trinity.

Once again, Mr. Rockwell, in his usual hyperbole self, proclaims that D3x is poo. I concur. For $8,000 it's expensive but still poo nonetheless. But I must add if for any reason anybody is willing to give me this poo of a camera for free or at quarter of price, I will take it and thank you very much.

I am still rocking a D70 . . . I don't really think I should use rocking and D70 in the same sentence but anyway, should my D70 die on me, I probably would get a point and shoot, don't buy a replacement in protest of the high price, or get a D90 and be done with it.

UPDATE:
Wow, everybody, I mean everybody who is somebody or nobody is bashing the Nikon D3x.  The high price, the lack of added features, the whole launch itself.  This seems like the biggest mishap so far for Nikon, just after back to back highly acclaimed launches of its D3 and D700 and to a certain extent the D90.  At no time did I ever that see much negativity towards a flagship Nikon.  This is just unprecedented.

3 comments:

  1. The micro 4/3 from Lumix should be a good choice other than point and shoot or DSLR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It piss off most every people with unresonably high price that is equivalent to say "Hey stupid, I have a slump of shit for you to swallow". Especially at a time when everybody is poor.

    My big thumb up to the stupid Japanese.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't help but think of the word collusion. Just like the LCD folks kept the LCD screen price high. If Nikon were to sell its flagship D3X at $5,500 it would certainly kill Canon's 1Ds whatever. Woww, the D3 is selling at $4,149 from a reputable vendor with free shipping and a 8GB card. The D3X pricing is perhaps just to show how cheap the D3 is.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....