Thursday, December 04, 2008

Film

Photo: Robert Wright for The New York Times. On the print edition, I can make out it's Kodak 160VC.

Every now and then, the New York Times likes to remind me how great big film really is. My problem, I always have problems, is it's expensive to get the film developed let alone printed. I am sure it's fun to shoot, develop and print your own pictures. 4x5 large format is my next photography frontier, my uncharted territory, my holy grail of all things unnecessarily complicated photographic quest.

4 comments:

  1. Come on, shoot 4x5 is not that complicated. There is still people making their own glass plate to make photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I just look bad I guess. I guess the first step is the hardest. Perhaps I really don't need an enlarger, just make contact prints from the big freaking negatives. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:47 AM

    hey, btw, have you heard of Xiao (it's a mini digital cam with built-in printer, which functions kinda like a Polaroid but no film is needed) from Tomy (the Japanese toy company)? do you happen to know if it'll be available in the US any time soon?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know more than I do. I did a search I think it was available in November in Japan, being that we are in the backwater of all things electronics and cool, we will have to wait and see. The Japanese site's animation is fun to watch ... when the picture pooped out from the camera.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....