Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Personal Ad

This is a personal ad for my friend Obama (not his real name).

I have known Obama for many years. I met him at a school when I was in Hong Kong. Obama, I and another friend, McCain (not his real name) lived in a small flat the second and last year we were at school together. So I say I am qualified to write this ad for him.

Obama was the most athletic among my friends. He was fit, outdoorsy and could run and surprisingly even after all these years, he is still fit, outdoorsy and can outrun most kids, like me in a Marathon. By my rather snobbish standard, I think Obama is an intellectual by nature. When I first met him, I honestly was put off or rather jealous of his depth and breath of knowledge in things in general. And he still continues to surpass and enlighten me. Obama has a very decent job in an American concern that routines pay out record breaking year end bonus to its employees.

Obama is at his prime and resides in Hong Kong. If you are interested to get to know Obama better, please email the pimp, at laichungleung@gmail.com.

PS: post inspired by Greenspun's personal ad for Clarissa.

5 comments:

  1. I've seen both ads and can't help thinking that Clarissa and Barack [not their real names] are a perfect pair.

    Both are the athletic-and-intellectual type and wake up early to jog, not to mention they're handsome and "value friends and culture more than material things".

    The only problem might be the language barrier when Clarissa tries to charm Barack's parents, but body language will triumph in that kind of situation.

    Both you and Greenspun rank as great personal ad writers. Maybe Philip Greenspun is a wee bit better this time 'cos there's more details in his ad.

    J. Sidney McCain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:43 AM

    I am Bo Bo, I need a man like Obama, I am sure that Obama and me should be a perfect match, for I can offer what he want

    Your Honey
    Bo Bo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greenspun writes far far better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bo Bo, send me an email and I will forward that to Obama.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:16 PM

    I have once sent e-mail together with my classic pics to Mr Obama via a pimp. However, Mr Obama seems not interestd and excited as Senator MaCain. I prefer to get in touch with Obama personally to demostrate my special talents

    Bo Bo

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....