Sunday, February 10, 2008

Miscellaneous

Faded and Ripped

Photo via nytimes.com: Tony Cenicola/The New York Times (middle); Duffy-Marie Arnoult/WireImage.com (right)
Shredded white jeans, $495 at Maison Martin Margiela; (212) 989-7612. Vintage Levi’s, $148 to $198 at What Comes Around Goes Around; (212) 343-9303. Byrdie Bell with an unidentified male on the right.

I can dress like myself again, and the rest of the world is catching on, that is like a bum. Put away your creased dark raw denim, faded ripped blue jeans are returning in full force. At least that is what the NYTIMES.COM is telling me.

Male Physique

Sascha Kooienga, left, and Artem Emelianov
Photo: Eric Johnson for the New York Times.

You can never be too thin. The ideal male physique on the runway is like 6' and weighs less than 150 lbs. The trend probably began with designer Hedi Slimane who essentially took the men out of men's fashion and replaced men with street urchins.


Thom Browne's Fall 2008 collection.


Siamese Twins.
Photo by Marcio Madeira via men.style.com.


Big Bird.
Photo by Don Ashby via men.style.com


Batman.
Photo by Marcio Madeira via men.style.com.

6 comments:

  1. we don't want to see your boring fashion show, upload those pics on your Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:42 AM

    rl and wp could have been models if they had been born 16 years later and could have achieved a lot more than Edison.

    vl2008

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was a college student, working 2 or 3 jobs and taking 12 credits a semester my weight hovered around 128 lbs and I was about 5'11" sans shoes. My primary school teacher from HK came visit and thought I was on drugs, which I never was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. then make you surprise, around 128 lbs, drug addicted appearance, chain smoker, poor, no car, how can this guy still attract several girls (as reported by Prof. Sweet), you must be more skillful than EDC, please show you X-file, we are more interest in your X-file rather than those fashion show. Man, I am very jealous of you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr. Batman, that was a total misunderstanding on Sweet's part....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't remember anything I'd said or not said.

    That said, I agree that's a total misunderstanding - on wp's part.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....