Thursday, April 05, 2007

Of Sex, Love, Money and Happiness

Vincent told me the below quote by James A. Baldwin
Money, it turned out, was exactly like sex, you thought of nothing else if you didn't have it and thought of other things if you did.
I think Iggy Pop once said sex is more objective. You always know if you have good sex or not, unlike love which is more subjective and may change over time. The same is also true between money and happiness. Money is more objective, you always know how much money you have. Happiness is more subjective and fleeting. If you can't have love and happiness, sex and money aren't all that bad a substitute.

5 comments:

  1. If you have money, at least you can "buy" sex, happiness or love, or even all, if not in terms of order

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:07 AM

    I am tired of love. I am still more tired of whatever... But money gives me pleasure all the time.

    Vincent

    ReplyDelete
  3. wp2006, you can buy happiness to a certain extent I have no doubt about it. You have to be a spiritual snob to think that money can't bring happiness.

    Anyhow, it's a deep topic, like does a Schott 141 will give me happiness, yes it will but how long does it last? Very much depends on your definition of happiness.

    Vincent:
    This is the very first time, you said you are tired of love. Wow...don't know what else to say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. vincent was tired of love ?? then may be sex come first

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have spent around USD500 for a weekend in HK Disneyland, I can say money can't buy happiness, just shouting and shouting, if not for Tsz Chun, I won't spend money in HK Disneyland

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....