Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Windows Vista

If you order any PC or notebook now, they will come with Windows Vista installed (or should I say pre-installed?), like it or not.

I have been really behind in the Windows world at home. At home, I still with a Dell machine with a blazing fast 900mhz chip and 256MB RAM, running pretty flawlessly on Windows Millennium edition. I don't have any compelling reason to upgrade. iTune doesn't support Windows Me, and plenty of softwares only load on Windows 2000 or XP but I don't care that much.

This month or so, I will probably get bombarded with Windows ads, which I don't really mind, I like ads especially good ones.

Other than Vista, Office is getting more than a face lift. I have been an Excel user for say too many years. From what I read, seems like the whole Office has been through some drastic interface changes. That can't be good news in the short run as I need to adjust and learn how to do things. I haven't really read anything regarding VBA support in the new Office environment but I hope and think it would, how can it not be? I am clueless as far as .Net goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....