Monday, January 22, 2007

Gap

For every generation there is a Gap. Not so for the past couple of years.

Gap CEO Paul Pressler steps down following dismal holiday sales. And the company just hired Goldman, perhaps for putting itself on the block.

Gap used to be such a strong brand, now it's almost like a also-ran.

For the hopelessly preppy type, they probably go for something like J. Crew. And for oversexed young assholes who prefer to wear their polo shirt collar stand up and mistake flip flops as all seasoned footwears, they go for Abercrombie and Fitch. And for the oversexed downtown type with a conscience, they prefer American Apparel.

I just don't know who's buying Gap anymore . . . eh actually maybe me. Maybe not buying but I still wear their T-shirts, sweaters and jeans that I have in my closet since the beginning of time.

2 comments:

  1. I remembered once you have bought a "GAP" long sleeve kid wear for my little boy. You are a true fan of "GAP", Mind the "GAP", this was one of the few sentences that my little boy could understand in the London Tube

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was long time ago when I was kind of a bit generous and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....