Thursday, July 13, 2006

Jeans


Photo credit David Yoder/Polaris, for The New York Times. All rights belong to its rightful owner.

According to Mr. Giovanni Petrin, as reported by the New York Times article, nobody tortures jeans better than the Chinese, not the Romanians nor the Africans. Mr. Petrin is the CEO of Martelli Lavorazioni Tessili, the Italian leading jeans manufacturer for brands ranging from Gucci to Gap.

I normally prefer to have a natural history with my jeans. I bought them hard and wear them to death; I did that at least twice or three times. I still avoid jeans with man made holes and whiskers. I am still old school I prefer to fuck up my jeans myself instead of paying a premium to let somebody do it.

According to the article, premium jeans are $60 and up and elite jeans are over $130. I don't think I ever paid that much for a pair of jeans. I guess my ass will not look any better anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....