Friday, July 28, 2006

Cingular 8125

Every 2 years or so, I would do my homework on cell phone.

My latest little obsession is the Cingular 8125, which should be the same as T-Mobile's MDA. Because of untested reception and anecdotes regarding T-mobile's poor reception around where I live, so I stick with Cingular if possible.

In Flushing, most shops don't carry the phone in stock. And online, if this phone is selected, you can't uncheck any data plan, the least is 19.99 and the most expensive data plan is 39.99. I was hoping to just get a cheap voice plan and all data via free WiFi.

Guess Cingular doesn't like the idea one bit. To me, they might as well not carry the phone all together if I have to have data plan in order to buy the phone.

Do I need the Cingular 8125? Absolutely not.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:10 AM

    That cellphone looks pretty cool, man. You need it, definitely, in order to tell others in a non-verbal way that you're tech-savvy.

    Sid

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably end up like previous buys, after some lengthy search and procrastination, I ended up getting a free model with voice only. That's me.

    ...Unlike somebody who has a 3G handset.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....