Sunday, May 21, 2006

Painting III

Alex and Harry volunteered to do the painting. I guess 10 years from now, they can be of some real help. Anyway, they were enthusiatic about it. They thought it was fun. I wish I had that attitude. I think, for me, the fun's gone maybe 10 minutes into it.

It's inherently easier when other people do it. By doing this myself, I gained some new perspective. I don't think it's that easy. And in terms of time needed, it totally exceeded my estimate. I thought it could be done in an 8 hours workday, but I guessed it wrong. There was just more preparation work needed to be done, moving stuff around was one, getting the right tool another. Overall, it's not that straight forward.

Flat for the ceiling, eggshell for the walls, semi-gloss for the window, door and floor trimmings.

I ran out of the Benjamin Moore Regal white semi gloss, so I still haven't done the floor trimming (or called floor board or molding not sure) yet.

To be contined ....

8 comments:

  1. I totally hear you.
    Contractor, 8 out of 10, is just another name for motherfucker. My experience anyway.
    Don't ever imagine they will do a good job.
    If I can do it, I will try to do it, I know my handy work won't be featured on the New York Times, home and shit section, but at least I don't have to pay the motherfucker end up with shitty work.
    My expectation with contractor is very low, and I don't expect them to do anything right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most guys are dogs, myself included. We would never ever initiate any home improvements.
    I would spend my money on crap like TV, Camera, Computer, anything that's inherently clean and neat to master, not painting and fixing the basement. Even though admittedly they are more important.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you do it in July, your whole summer will be ruined. Anyway, your entire fuckng life is ruined, so it really doens't matter.

    I think it better be done now, early spring or early summer. July, fucking hot and shit.

    I guess you can stay in some 5 star hotel during the renovaton.

    I am sure the renovation will be done perfectly that makes all the aggravations worthwhile, or maybe NOT.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. let me repeat one more time, NO.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:02 PM

    I've heard that painting the ceiling requires great skill. So good luck to you.

    Sid

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's too late, I got the ceiling done. I guess I didn't quite roll it the right way, my neck is hurting now.
    But overall, the room turns out OKAY. It's not going to be featured in the New York Times, but that's OKAY.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:35 PM

    Great job, man. You did it.

    Sid

    ReplyDelete
  8. errrrr, my neck and left shoulder is still aching.

    And I havd the whole house to do.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....