Friday, December 23, 2005

The Strike is Over

So the strike ended on the 3rd day. There was no new contract, so what's with the strike? Gaining respect? It was bad a strike for TWU, a bad strike for New Yorkers. Essentially nobody wins. The strike was good for nothing. It was sheer stupidity.
I guess there is no need for more transit tips except when TWU decides they will have another strike if like they don't get 1 month paid vacation for new hires.
Last night I tried to get on those bus I took to work, no luck. Pretty long line, nasty traffic. I ended up taking the LIRR, which was like hell on earth on the first day of strike. Anyway, I went to the ticket buying booth, zoomed through the crowd, and went straight to track 17, the train was there, letting people off and letting people in. I was able to get in, a happy LIRR commuter. It was crowded but considering...I even managed to find a seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....