Saturday, December 20, 2008

End Of The Year

It's Christmas, it's end of the year. It's time to be reflective. It's just another time to give myself to buy some junk if I so choose. For some reason, this year, I am just too depressed to even get a tree for the household. Must be the economy. Must be the dismal weather. So what have happened this year. For one thing, I am still the loser just like last year or the year before, so there is really nothing to write home about except I sort of make it through the year without any major mishap. I consider that my major achievement that I am still breathing.

The economy has been bad and we are in a recession. So what does it mean to me? It means I am a bit scared by the big unknown by the big what if? But like an irresponsible man that I always am, have been and will always be, there is nothing I can do to make the economy better. When it's good, I don't exactly feel it as I never have the fortune to work on the Street. So I can only hope as the economy nose dives, I won't be feeling the pain right away.

Like any aging middle-ages men, my hope is on my kids. But also like most other middle-aged men, I don't take too much of an active role in rearing my kids except the occasional yelling and screaming.

OKAY, time for dinner.

11 comments:

  1. Keep breathing is an astonishing achievement already, so keep it going. For the current economy, there is nothing we could do but be proud of what we have done as a hard working and honest man as compare to those shamless sh*t that screw up everything and ask for more money really shamlessly. As I have mentioned before, they should all be caught and shoot to dead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha-ha. I will keep on breathing my friend.

    You know, February is coming and I can see Wall Street is going to get their bonus pretty much as usual. NYTIMES has an article a couple days ago, it says yeah, the profit is fake but the bonus is real. That's so true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:17 AM

    I suggest you should join our blogging next time, 5 minutes before mid-night, on Dec. 30 or 31.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The time I heard from the news is that they got the government's bail-out plan money for bonus. Are these guys shameless like that?

    This really strengthen my believe that there should be any bail-out at all, no matter where. If they are in trouble, they should go out of business, right away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. readandeat,
    thanks for the suggestion but my brain is constipated. So I don't don't know. But I really appreciate the suggestion. Just don't make me cry now.

    ghorse,
    I don't know it's really for bonus but it's possible. I was saying that just for laugh but it could be for real. I know Congress OKAY'ed the auto industry bailout, that much I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. breathing is a blessing! :)
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what will you buy yourself as Christmas gift, rich man ? another D700 or other 120 Camera ? or some expensive i-phone ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. mad dog

    Thank you. And same to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wp2007

    What do you mean another? I never got any D700.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous1:42 PM

    ahhhh...the economy. i'm not rich enough to have any major financial investments, so the fall of wall street really doesn't have any direct effect on me. and, thank god, my company is doing pretty well, & i don't feel the threat of being laid-off any time soon. so i guess i'm having a pretty good year. what can i say?

    ReplyDelete
  11. honkie,
    You are immune to this economic downturn? I am so very proud of you. A guy just retired yesterday, I wondered what his 401K like a year ago and what's like yesterday. But he's kind of lucky he actually got to retire. A couple of older guys got laid off 2 years ago, never had the retirement party he had.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....