Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Godox CellsII N

This isn't even listed on Godox website.

So you know it's old.

This is based on the 433Mhz frequency as opposed to their 2.4GHz ones.

I got a pair of these so I can do hypersync on my Sunpak 120J.  I was confident that I can hook it up all right.  Alas, that didn't work out exactly I hoped.

Even my old Neewer is on the 433 frequency but they don't talk to each other.  And I can't attach the CellsII to my 120J through any cables provided.

In the end, the best I can do is to attach my Neewer transmitter to the Godox CellsII receiver and the Neewer receiver attached to the female sync cable to the 120J.  Through that I was able to sync to 1/1000 with almost no banding.

The thing is I can sync to 1/8000 of a second with no banding if I use an optical slave.

To be able to use hypersync is good when I need to shoot high speed under bright sunlight.

I ordered a Pocket wizard cable male mini 3.5mm to household plug to streamline the connection and also to hope the sync may work better.

This is a bit crazy but I can't help myself.

EDIT:
What I thought and what actually is can be vastly different.  Initially I thought I would get all the features of my Nikon branded SB-800 to work remotely (the hot shoe connector on the transceiver is only single pin so that sort of give away there is no other communication to the flash except to fire). As there is no user manual on the company's website and the one I found is for Canon ... so it's a bit difficult to confirm things.  I believe this CellsII-N would control Godox's own Wistro strobes, like the AD180 or AD360 or similar models but branded differently.  The good news is the trigger is still hypersync capable with varying degrees of success depending on how high the speed you go and the trigger connection.  Waiting for my eBay PocketWizard 3.5mm to HH to trigger the flash directly from the CellsII N

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....