Thursday, May 23, 2019

Flash

Godox is stirring up the market place the past 5 years that you can't help but notice them.

Profoto is, I heard, threatens to sue Godox for something something.  We will see.

I got a set of 433Mhz trigger from Neewer which is I think just another name from Godox.  It comes with a transmitter and 2 receiver.  After years of very occasional use, I changed the little battery inside the transmitter.  The set has been quite good, it's not like well built or 100% fool proof but it works.  The battery door is not so well closed so sometimes there is bad connection.  But other than that I am happy with the purchase.  Now most of what Godox makes are 2.4Ghz so I don't think I can use the existing cheapo 433Mhz receivers.  The price of those running of 433Mhz is definitely cheaper but then you feel like you are not future proofing your purchase.

My SB-800 can do high speed sync, that's the trick sync by pulsating the flash above the sync speed of the camera.  Then of course I have a pair of Sunpak 120J, which can't do no Nikon high speed sync.

The question is can they all do hypersync, that's by timing the flashing output and make sure of the long duration assuming they are long duration of the manual flash full output?

It seems to be there is a high chance that they can IF the trigger supports high speed sync.

That's if the trigger supports high speed sync then it will probably most likely can do higher sync when the flash is set at manual and full power.

I haven't got the change to test it on my gears as of now, my set of trigger is just a pure trigger, there is not other magic.

For the past five years of so, Godox has been cranking out models after models and it certainly gaining traction in the market place.  Consumers are happy but not so much from the big name strobe manufacturers.

I am interested to see if I can break the x-sync barrier by using hypersync or high speed sync by using remote radio trigger.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....