Saturday, June 15, 2019

Zero Halliburton

I try to find more information about the cases.  But there isn't much to be found.  Then again, if you just try a bit harder you may be able to find something to connect the dots.

I own a couple of Halliburton cases, they are called camera cases.  And since they have Zero as part of the name so they aren't exactly old or prior to the acquisition by the Zero Japanese company.  I am just writing from memory which isn't very good.(Edit:  This proves my memory is really unreliable.  The Japanese company that bought Zero Halliburton is called ACE and it was done in 2006.  ZERO bought Halliburton in 1952)

You would think that a company with this legacy would have more information about old models and their dimensions and what accessories go with them.  Alas, that isn't really the case.  When I first got those cases a few years back, I searched online and I found the Zero Halliburton website just terrible, I'm sure I wrote about that back then.

Halliburton is kind of falling out of flavor I think.  If people want aluminum cases, they might opt for Rimowa.  If people really want to carry the load they opt for Pelican.  Where does it leave for Halliburton, I don't know.

I tried again to find some information on the cases.

This is from Pop Photography 1981.

So my cases are 105 and 111.  At least I now got the model numbers right I think.

I always want to find foam and inserts for them.  And now I find some lead.  Though I have to say foam is not really ideal as they tend to disintegrate in a nasty way.  Hopefully the dividers last.  I barely found one store that sell new old stock for the cases ...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....