Friday, December 15, 2006

Week in Review

It's just like the last week or the week before except:-

Christmas is ten days away, have you got all your presents ready? I don't think Wii can be found anywhere unless you consider the ripoffs at eBay. Even the handheld DS Lite is out of stock now. So as much as I would like to poison my kids with electronic toys, I think I will fail miserably this Christmas. No, I won't buy a PS3.

The Dow is edging up as it "should be" in year end. I think it's reasonable and customary for the Dow to run up in year end.

After 3 years and some $7 millions, in a 832-page report, the British police concluded the death of Princess Diana was indeed accident. I am not sure if that's time or money well spent.

Latest job data: Yoko Ono's driver is paid a salary of $150,000 to $200,000. Ms. Ono's driver of ten years demanded $2 million or he would kill Ms. Ono and her son and himself. And he had the balls to tell that to Ono's lawyer. The 50 year old was arrested.

UPDATE:
Again, thanks to global warming, this week's weather has been balmy.

Eric and Sid: read and download whatever you want, knock yourself out...
Operation Paget (this link talks about the operation, 9 page pdf, not the findings of the operation) produced a 832-page inquisition on Diana's death (ok, her lover and her driver, a total of three). The Iraq Study Group Report, on the contrary, is only 84 pages. I think there were almost 3,000 American servicemen deaths in the war against terror in Iraq. The Iraq Study Group Report headed by James Baker can be downloaded here, free.

5 comments:

  1. i wonder if anyone actually read through all 832 pages. perhaps they should release an abridged version for the masses (those that read supermarket tabloids as they wait on the checkout line).

    eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Christmas wish just came true already, there is indeed an abridged version for the supermarket tabloid crowd, only 9 pages long. It's right here See my updated post for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:21 AM

    i've decided that i can't be bothered to read 9 pages of text. when is the tv series coming out?

    eric

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are hard to please.
    I don't have a clue when or if a Tv series will come out. Perhaps Judith Regan may have a clue....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've downloaded the IRaq Study Group Report and am trying to read it. Thanks, pal.

    I've decided for a long long time that Dianna was killed in a car accident. I'm not going to spend any time reading any report that confirms that conclusion.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....