Friday, December 29, 2006

Movie Review, again.

OKAY, this is a movie review, albeit a poorly written and untimely one.

Yesterday, we used the magic card that's called Queens library card to check out a few movies. So far I watched two, and hence you know how boring my life can be. Both movies star some old men, namely Steve Martin and Harrison Ford, as in Shop Girl and Firewall.

Firewall is supposed to be a thriller, but I really don't find it thrilling except maybe the part Ford uses a juice blender to kill one of the guys. I think Ford killed all the bad guys. The movie simply lacks intelligence that one would expect from a movie starring Ford and more so playing a computer security expert in a bank.

Shop Girl, based on the same name novel written by Steve Martin, is about a clinically depressed young woman working at Saks in Beverly Hills. No doubt, Shop Girl is Martin's wet dream. And may I add most men's. It's a nice little story and the performance of the three characters are good. For a moment I thought I was seeing the Matrix as Mirabelle's apartment is always so green. Shop Girl is the kind of movie that I won't borrow but end up enjoying it.

I borrowed Firewall and my wife picked Shop Girl, apparently she knows me better than I know myself, sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....