Sunday, December 10, 2006

Rockefeller Center Christmas

Alex looks the happiest when he's with Mom.
I think Harry was actually hiding behind Alex and Mom in this picture. According to his pediatrician Harry weighed the same the year before. Usually the fillflash washed out the face, so this time around I dialed down the exposure 0.7 stop and it worked out better.
The 18-70 is not a pro grade lens by any stretch but I find it surprisingly capable and versatile. If I stop it down to f5.6 or f8, and shoot it in decent lighting, I think the result is pretty acceptable. That said, I don't mind getting some real nice glasses like the Nikon 17-35 f2.8 or the Nikon 17-55 f2.8 DX. But you make good use of whatever you have (and continue to long for something you don't have).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....