Thursday, June 29, 2006

Technorati

Technorati tells the truth about my blog, that it really sucks big time and has virtually no traffic.

I learnt about technorati's existence probably a few months back, I guess that says how tech not savvy I am. Anyway, I was wandering on the Web and I did a vanity search on Technorati and it dutifully informed me, without sugarcoating anything, that my blog ranks 1,050,117. And to my biggest surprise, I got one inbound link, which is totally unexpected.

My blog ranking pretty much reflects my own existence. It doesn't matter to the whole world but I have my own fun.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Lai, don't be so downhearted. I can't believe that you equate your blog rank with the value of your existence!!! I just stumbled on your blog one day, probably by clicking the "next blog" or something... and as I said in my own blog, I like the wry humour of your posts. And I have to say also, the link is not so unexpected because I did live in Manhattan for about a year after my undergrad degree, so part of the reason for me to read some of NY people's blogs is for me to keep in touch with the city, knowing what's happening from the inhabitants' points of view... much like my HK blog links too because I'm from there but no longer live there...

    So keep doing what you're doing as you're doing great, who cares about such superficial thing as fickle popularity? Continue to have fun and do your thang like that Coke ad says!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I am pretty proud of my ranking ... I enjoy doing things I am not good at and take proud of it.

    My co worker is hurrying me to get a drink now, got to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pretty pround of my Yahoo auction rating, now I got 124 good comment and only 1 poor comment, does it meaningfull ? I earn some easy money from those crazy buyers, lonely heart and England fans. What's more ? Yahoo auction send me a mail today, warn me not to use diff. ID to bid for each others or they will stop my account, but I don't think so, they get USD60 from me monthly though eBay is free for listing, I am loyal to Yahoo Auction

    ReplyDelete
  4. wp2006, you are the number 2 reckless person I've ever known.

    Good luck, you need it.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....