Thursday, June 29, 2006

Etiquette

I was waiting in my doctor's office, got nothing better to do so I did some quick reading. You know something, doctors or dentists, they don't understand the concept of appointment and your time is never as important as theirs. Anyway, I kind of got used to it. And in all fairness I arrived 10 minutes early and I waited about 40 minutes in total, so that wasn't too bad. It was my long overdue annual medical checkup, just in case you wonder. When you reach certain age and pay a few hundred dollars on insurance premium every month, you may as well use it.

There was this New York Magazine on urban etiquette. I found it pretty interesting.

I think the funnist may be this piece: Amy Poehler’s 8 Simple Rules For being a civilized New Yorker By Adam Sternbergh. Here is the list just in case the link no longer works by the time you or you click it.

1. Be nice to everyone, especially people wearing hospital bracelets.
2. Don’t ask white girls if they “left their ass at home.”
3. If you have to bring your baby to a movie, make sure he laughs at appropriate times.
4. Don’t eat Cheetos and then sit down at a fancy hotel piano.
5. If you are in Central Park and think you are getting mugged, first check to see if maybe you’re just part of a student film.
6. If you see Oprah at a fancy function, don’t grab her wrist and ask for money. Quietly sneak up behind her and whisper, “You give me that money, Oprah. You hear me?”
7. When walking on a New York street, try not to spit, litter, bleed, or take a crap.
8. If you need to do any of these things, try to do it between two parked cars.


My favorite is 7 and 8, I am still like kids who love all the jokes that have to do with bodily functions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....