Sunday, April 26, 2020

MacPro3,1 Catalina 10.15.2

Things started to go downhill ... The sleep and wakeup didn't work.
Since my system got through so many patches, software and hardware wise, I am losing count on what's what when it comes to isolating the problems.
Oh well is the only things that seems appropriate now.

I did the 10.15.4 update hoping that the sleep and wake up thing would go away, alas, it didn't.

The most frustrating part was to make enough room for the SSD to install the update.  It took me forever to squeeze enough space.  Because of Time Machine and all those snapshots so the Disk Util reports a vastly smaller storage available.  It took me many many trials to actually get rid of the Time machine snap shot restores.  I mean the actual delete takes seconds.

Anyway, still too much troubles.

I found out physically unplug the cable actually helps resetting the system to boot to macOS 10.15.4 otherwise the system just boots to recovery...Strange but true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....