Monday, April 27, 2020

macpro3,1 macOS 10.15.4

I left the machine sleep and then the next morning it rebooted into recovery mode, waiting for me to click next like setting the mouse (which is actually a trackpad) and selecting the language.  So I started the day with a bummer.  I thought with the optical drives unplugged I have it "fixed."  The thing is it's relatively more reliable to boot to the OS and sleep and wake up to the regular OS.

I wonder if a genuine or flashed GPU would make any difference.  The secret SATAs and power for the BR and Superdrive can't of destabilize the system I believe.  Removing them gives it a more sleep and wake up.  I suspect maybe the circuit or power don't quite support the drives to sleep and wake up in macOS 10.15.4 rendering the system unstable or rather unpredictable.  Mojave is the last stable macOS I have on my unsupported mac.  I understand it's on borrowed time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....