Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Chromecast Ultra

I splurged.

I have no 4K TV and yet I got a Chromecast Ultra via the trustworthy eBay.  I lowballed the seller and we met in the middle.  That's the only way to go.

Officially the Chromecast is selling for $35 and the Chromecast Ultra is fetching $69.

I don't know much about the technology, I think that kind of goes without saying as I am going through life without knowing anything basically.

I have tried that with Vudu watching what else America Ultra.  Both the video and audio are very good indeed.  Youtube casting is equally impressive.  I cast Youtube from my Mac desktop/Chrome browser as well as via iPhone's YouTube app.

Casting is a no brainer.

But setting up the Chromecast hardware needs a bit of work as I needed to install the Google Home App first.  I didn't know about it as I thought it was 100% plug and play.  Not so.  I can't remember exactly but a year ago, my LG was able to do casting without nothing installed both from Youtube and Netflix.  Then kind of all of a sudden the cast doesn't work at all.  So I always got the impression the cast just works.  So when I plugged in the CU into the HDMI, I thought it just works but neither the iPhone nor the Chrome on desktop would see the device.  I thought the seller sent me a dud, which is actually quite rare.  Knowing that I don't know nothing so I looked up the Chromecast hardware and bang installing the Home app.  I must have read it before when I did my research but since my experience before I just thought it would just work.  Oh well something something happened, which I didn't know better.

The video and audio exceed my expectation.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....