Tuesday, April 02, 2019

MacOS 10.14.4 on MacPro3,1

I need to install this thing on my old machine again, almost from scratch but not quite.

I am not sure if it's worth the effort, not that I have something else better to do, but still.

The graphics card I have only has 256MB of RAM and it shows.  I need to upgrade that if possible.  There is an overwhelming amount of information out there regarding this but for the most part they are pretty confusing especially for somebody who isn't savvy enough.  I can hardly find information that can elucidate the issue somewhat.

Mojave or MacOS 14:
MacPro3,1 is not officially supported but with the right hack from dosdude1.com, it's doable
nVidia is the card that doesn't give problem
The equivalent GPU PC version card may work

I don't need any fancy 4K support, my display is only 2560x1080

No comments:

Post a Comment

ImageMagick

 I don't remember if I installed that via Homebrew or MacPort. I might have installed using MacPort.  But it's kind of messed up as ...