Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Urban Legends

I don't know when these kinds of urban legends would end--I perversely hope they would never end as I find them entertaining, I guess for as long as stupid people live.  I still got emails telling me how racist Tommy Hilfiger is and we should all boycott buying his rags.  I mean I don't know for a fact whether the dude is racist or not.  But the episode described is pure urban legend.  You look at its ads, at least the guy, yeah I know the guy sold his company some time ago to some Hong Kong dude, use a rainbow colors of dudes to sell his stuff, if not for political correct reason at least for good marketing reason or at least care enough to have the politically correct facade.  You look at other high end or not so high end brands at the moment it's all white out.  I don't mean to be overly sensitive or politically correct but recently I think some lifestyle brands have really gone too far, not that I can afford any of their crap anyway.

And then you have the Facebook legend, claiming that you would lose your photos right to advertisers.  Number 1, I am not worried as you know I don't look like Brad Pitt....  Yeah, go ahead protect your pictures as if.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....