Friday, August 26, 2011

Hurricane Irene

Category 32 hurricane Irene is going to bear down on New York some time in the weekend.  I don't remember the last time any hurricane hit the city.  When I was in Hong Kong like many decades ago, typhoon was a constant but not so here in NYC.  Anyway.  I guess things will be OKAY.  I am boarding up the windows, loading up my bunker with months long supplies of food, drinking water and Japanese shrimp crackers, and yes ammunition for my handguns and shotguns too just in case NYC sinks into chaos and lawlessness like what happened across the pond.

I am going to test my Bean Gore Tex wading jacket see how it does under the wrath of Irene.  Will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....