Monday, November 22, 2010

Things I Noticed And Crazy Stuff I Told My Kid

I went to my kid's middle school and I noticed most of them have already carried a cell phone.  Kids who just turned eleven years old or so.  If you don't catch up with the latest trend, the trend would just catch up with you.

We got him one of our old Nokia handsets with left over prepaid voice plan that has been lying sullenly in some closet of ours forever.  My kid asked me "Are we poor?"  My answer: "Absolutely."

Many kids have iPhone, iPhone Touch or iPad or all  ...  My explanation to my kid, which I don't quite believe I said it myself was something like this:  Some people can't define themselves and they need to buy shiny beautiful stuff to help define themselves and to feel belong.  I am sure you can do better than that.

1 comment:

  1. when your kid asked you, "Are we poor?", your answer should be "Absolutely NOT.... because your dad's money spent on Nikon and Canon

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....