Wednesday, November 10, 2010

People Are Serious About Their Kids' Grades

As a parent I can understand though it still surprises me that some parents react the way they reacted:  they got so upset that they kind of demand the teacher to change the grade and make an apology to the class or something.  And I am talking about fourth grade here.  Probably in part because of the "emotional damage" the low grade caused their child.  I say deal with it.  Most kids are dumb and I say give them all a low grade so they know how to deal with it in life later.  Because for the most part people are really dumb and they don't really deserve all the excessive praises now teachers dish out indiscriminately.

3 comments:

  1. man, you are lucky as you are in the profession of education

    ReplyDelete
  2. What right does a parent have to demand his/her kid's teacher to change the grade or upgrade a low grade if the kid doesn't deserve it? This is absolutely outrageous. Even more appalling was for that same parent to demand that the teacher apologise to the class [for awarding low grades, I presume]. It's the parent usurping the role of the teacher as well as tarnishing the teacher's reputation and dignity as an educator. If something like this was allowed to happen in a community, that community's education system is on the brink of collapsing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The facts are a bit strange. We live in a very strange world. Though I myself am not entirely convinced the rationale behind giving low grades to most except for a few kids. But I am just surprised at how serious the parents are taking it.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....