Monday, November 22, 2010

Crazy Stuff I Let Our Kid Not Do

I let my kid not take the Hunter entrance exam because he doesn't feel like it.  Franky I was disappointed and I second guess my decision or rather non decision but who knows, I didn't go to Hunter and I turned out fabulous (though most people disagree this assessment.)  Not that he would automatically pass or be accepted just by being eligible to take the test but at least there is a chance (Hunter is harder than Ivy League or so I was told).  Oh well it's not meant to be.  There is always some other high schools like where kids would fight every day on the hallway and end up having the ugliest girlfriend imaginable--that's what I told my kid but still he wouldn't budge.

7 comments:

  1. I remember you never take any public exam or professional exam after 1983, I remember you said that you don't need those paper qualification to prove yourself, there's no right or wrong, I can say

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could never remember anything like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In terms of your kid's education, your approach is very unAsian.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have selective or biased memory

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sidney Sweet
    Actually it's more like my wife. I would like to beat the heck out of him for not taking the test. Anyway. I don't think Alex has the temperament to be competitive on such level, you know just like m. As as well not go. Again, not that he would pass because it's really really competitive.

    wp2007
    absolutely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "just like m" should read "just like me." This HP got a freaking stuck e keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Professor Sweet took other more stimulating challenges to prove himself

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....