Friday, September 24, 2010

Ubuntu 10.04 64 Bit

Wow I didn't know it would be this easy.

I have to say this is the most painless install I ever have.

I order from Newegg, it's shipped from Edison New Jersey, so I got it the following day, that's today.  I think Newegg really lives up to the e-commerce promise.  Let's just not to talk to any sales person, just order it online.  It works.  And if you need to talk to somebody you sure can, or you prefer to live chat, that's also doable.  Anyway, I sound like I am a spokeperson for Newegg, but I'm not.  I like quite like their system.  Order I ordered back in 2002 I can see it online, still.  Wow.  They are doing something right.

 The CD there is a bit misleading.  I actually downloaded my 64 bit and burned the ISO on a CD for installation.  The pictured CD is there just to confuse people something I am naturally good at.
Wow, cheapo PC hardware from Newegg.  Thumps up.  (actually it gets a bit pricey now ...)
I just downloaded the latest upgrade and now I am going to reboot ... (Gee that's seems so Windows to me, OKAY, something I just have to put up with, reboot, well because of a new kernel I think.)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:07 AM

    hey, that's the same video card i got! nothing to write home about, but it's good enough for starcraft 2.

    -eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have ordered one day earlier. The mail-in rebate just expired. I don't even play any games at all.

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....